Module Trays

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Alice 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Gary.J.Kelsey
    Participant

Hello All

Couldn’t get the forum search to work, I am the only one?

I’m sure this topic has been done before, however, I would like to buy some durable module trays. Last year, I damaged roots of plants quiet badly, trying to get them out of the cheap trays I have.

What durable module trays are people buying at the moment?

Many Thanks
    Gary

charles

Hi Gary, the Search worked for me and I found a thread, lucky as it needed a reply.
    Its not easy to find good, strong ones. I am using old stock.

Leif
    Participant

I found beetroot and chinese cabbage worked well, by the time I transplanted them they had a decent root system, which bound the soil.

Gary.J.Kelsey
    Participant

Still struggling with search function. There seems to be two, one on right hand side, which seems to search the whole website, and the other search box in the centre of page, doesn’t work for me, stating “lease type in your search terms. Use descriptive words since this search is intelligent.”

Any ideas.

Stringfellow
    Participant

Try this link Gary:

Rigid multi cell trays

Search function works okay for me; could it be your OS?

I have a small number of polystyrene module trays and they are my favs, but I only have a few. Keep my eyes open for others so give them a chance if you find some.

Rhys
    Participant

Gary

I think if you search the Internet using ‘polystyrene module trays’ you will find one UK supplier currently selling them. About £1 per tray I think.

I’ve not bought any myself yet though, so see this as a potential solution, not a recommendation!

charles

Rhys do please post a link as I cannot find these. Only self-watering trays for £7.99!

Stringfellow
    Participant

Rhys, I second that. The ones I have came from my nextdoor neighbour about five years ago from some winter pansies she had bought; the company have since switched to plastic. I’ve found some online at £12.99 each whereas they were a free gift from my neighbour! Grrr….

Rhys
    Participant

http://Www.pottyinnovations.co.uk has 11 trays for £12.99 inc postage, unless I’ve misunderstood…..

DemelzaCat
    Participant

Thanks for the link Rhys, have just ordered a variety of 6, 12 & 24 cell modules. Happy Days!

Stringfellow
    Participant

Thanks Rhys, I think you are correct. They were the ones I was looking at and in my haste thought the 11×12 was the dimensions in inches; my error!

davithjo
    Participant

davithjo
    Participant

Sorry to add to the various suggestions but found the following Ebay posting for 22 60 cell polystyrene trays used once by a Nursery in Norfolk. See video on the posting and they look strong and reasonably deep.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-plant-seed-trays-22-x-60-cell-seed-trays-polystyrene-plug-trays-/161882851086?hash=item25b0f8470e:g:zHcAAOSwQoFWQK9B
    Hope it helps.

charles

Thanks davithjo these look brilliant, I recommend them for holding lots of plants yet with large and deep enough cells, so economical of space.
    I wish that one could buy these somewhere, who makes them?

Stringfellow
    Participant

Thank you davithjo. these do look good and, as a non-commercial grower, 22 trays will last me a lifetime!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.