A little confused so some direction needed please

HomeForumsNo dig gardeningPreparing the groundA little confused so some direction needed please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charles 4 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ShaneClissold
    Participant

I have posted here https://www.charlesdowding.co.uk/forums/topic/new-to-all-of-this and i have trawled through some posts old and new but i just need some authority on the matter.

My beds i have just created i need some advice as to when i can plant in them. I have placed alot of very very wet cardboard as a base then quite fresh horse manure with bedding then cheap brought (can only afford this at the moment) compost from B&Q. I know that it is not the best but at least it is something while i wait on my 2 compost heaps to break down.

I just need to know if i plant into them will the plants fail as i dont know how long the cardboard takes to break down?

Cheers,
    Shane

Cleansweep
    Participant

Not with Authority!, but ‘strait away’. There is the slight risk of allowing a weed to see daylight but plant in tightly. 97% perfection is a result.

charles

Yes Shane I would plant straightaway. Cardboard breaks down all too quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.