Day course at Sarah Raven, no dig and salads
March 23 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm£150
10.30 to 3.30 includes lunch, based in Sarah’s lovely garden
Session 1: 10.30-11.30
- Meet Charles
- Why the no dig method leads to healthy soil and easier harvests. How to clear perennial weeds with mulches, completely, including couch grass and bindweed.
How to maintain a no dig plot, with an annual mulch of compost.
Session 2: 11.50-13.00
- Charles shows how he makes compost from garden and other wastes, and which composts he buys and uses to supplement the homemade.
- Also he explains and illustrates the trials he runs at Homeacres, to compare the effects on growth of dig/no dig, different composts and no rotation. The indications are sometimes surprising.
Session 3: 14.15-14.45
- A look at propagating plants, and at ways of picking salad leaves
Session 4: 14.45-15.30
- Summary of no dig essentials, how to apply them in different plots, with Q & A.