Now in paperback cover, but I do not have the new cover photo, of harvested vegetables.
Plan bumper harvests the no-dig way using Charles Dowding’s monthly crop calendar. Follow simple steps to:
- Find success with more than 35 vegetables and herbs from tomatoes to basil, carrots to coriander;
- Start a no-dig veg plot on virgin or dug ground, improve the soil and become an expert mulcher and weeder;
- Learn key dates for sowing, staking, harvesting and storing using time-saving monthly checklists;
- Make a raised bed, tackle slugs and snails, and produce the sweetest-smelling compost;
- Understand the techniques for intercropping, companion planting, seed viability and crop succession.
- Similar book to the out of print Veg Course
“This is a sensible and very clearly presented book for those who want to tackle the art of no-dig gardening without being bamboozled by jargon. You will definitely have a clear understanding of the technique after following this guide through the year”
A must buy for all serious food growers, it’s my growing bible
As a new allotment holder I was looking for a single point of reference to help me start growing. Boy did I find it! This book has become my go to guide, seeing me through my first year like a guiding hand. I can’t recommend it enough for new growers or people who have done lots of growing but are prepared to consider new techniques. No dig does work. On my clay soil allotment in my first year I laid down some compost and now have courgettes, carrots, beans, peas, asparagus turnips, fruit trees, sweetcorn and there’s more to come. It is so true that the soil is better undisturbed. This book also has useful advice about what to grow and when, even if you aren’t doing no dig. Honestly invaluable.