I attend many events around the country delivering talks for various clubs and organisations discussing a range of topics including No Dig techniques for vegetable growing. You can find a brief list of my coming talks below, or full details of future talks, shows and courses on my Events page.
Here is a description of a talk, and the link below lists some of the talks I can give:
If you are interested in having me attend an event then please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Many clubs charge for non-members to come, and often there are 20 or more, depending on location and advertising. The link below shows a poster for one of my talks in 2017.
Also contact Stephanie Hafferty for talks on garden potions and no dig gardening.
- Talks, book launch by Charles and Steph, Hampshire 7th May - May 7 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Talk and gourmet vegetable lunch at Blooming Green nr. Maidstone, Kent - May 14 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Talks at River Cottage Spring Fair 29th May - May 29 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- No dig talk 19th June at Ballymaloe - June 19 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Charles talks on no dig at RHS Denmark, Copenhagen Show 24th-25th June - June 24 @ 1:00 pm - June 25 @ 1:00 pm
- Talk on Gardening Myths July 2017 near Malvern UK - July 3 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 pm
- Talk on no dig gardening at Skenfrith NP78UH on 23rd July 11.30pm - July 23 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Talk on no dig vegetable growing Tuesday 19th September - September 19 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Talk on no dig gardening. Link-Up Gardening Club Nov 15th - November 15 @ 7:30 pm - 9:15 pm
- Talk in Durham 31st January - 31st January 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Talk on no dig organic gardening, Broadhembury, Devon - 7th February 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
“I’ve lost count of the members who have said how much they enjoyed it – I’m basking in your reflected glory for having booked you!! It was obvious from the number of questions at the end how involved and interested everyone was. You combined the expertise gained from experience with a delivery that gave advice pitched just right for the audience. So we were able to admire and learn without being intimidated – even if our rows of veg don’t quite look like those in your excellent photos!”
Christine Haines 2016, St Briavels and Brockweir Gardening Club
Everyone really enjoyed both your workshop and the talk – all the feedback scores were excellent Kate Newman, Garden Organic conference September 2015
May 2016 from Denise Hoogesteger, Chair:
“Thank you so much for the wonderful talk you gave to us at Westbury Gardening club. I was surprised at how many members and non-members were in attendance, as vegetable growing, I know, does not ‘fire up’ some of our older members, however I am just wondering now, how many may attempt to have a small raised bed for organic veg!
For myself, when I reorganise my veg beds I will know what to do.
Everyone, whether vegetable growers or non-organic gardeners, found your talk interesting, highly informative and inspirational. I don’t think we have ever had such a long question time at the end of a talk.”
“This was one of the best presentations I have been to of late. Charles Dowding spoke with such authority in a warm, almost self-effacing manner. The time flew by and I came away enthused and determined to adopt a no dig approach to growing this season and beyond.”
From a feedback form to the Garden Museum, London 10.03.15
Your talk to us last Thursday certainly put paid to many of the myths about vegetable growing and will save a lot of work in the future.
Chris Donaldson, Four Villages Hort. Society November 2015
“Thank you very much for coming and talking to our club last evening, your talk was very interesting and your slides demonstrated what you have done with a bare field.
I think all our members will be trying your idea of Growing without Digging on some of their gardens this year, I’m pleased to say that I am in my second season without digging this year and certainly didn’t have as many weeds last year.”
Henry Smith, Chideock Discussion Club, Dorset, February 2015