Seed trays

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  charles 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Shaun Pearce
    Participant

I can get x2 84 cell trays for £5 on amazon which are ridged ones, are these too small for multi sowing? What size does everyone recommend?

Also Charles if you have the time would it be possible to have a list of what can be multi sown as I want to save time and space. I have the diary now and I see a few things in there

charles

See my Feb. blog Shaun, I do not have time to write all that here.

Shaun Pearce
    Participant

Worth a try I dread to think what you have to get done in a day

Shaun Pearce
    Participant

What’s everyone else using 84 or 180 seed trays want to order some today and still unsure what’s best for multi sowing

charles

Shaun of those two, I would go for 84’s.
    Larger numbers like 180’s are big to handle.
    I prefer 40’s and 60’s, easy to hold while planting, but sadly 84 is more common in well-made, reusable trays (not inserts!).

Stringfellow
    Participant

Shaun, if you can stretch to these they are awesome:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-plant-seed-trays-22-x-60-cell-seed-trays-polystyrene-plug-trays-/161882851086?hash=item25b0f8470e:g:zHcAAOSwQoFWQK9B

Very economical re. space and compost usage plus I’ll never need to buy another! Also, very easy to eject plug plants when planting out – a real boon.

Shaun Pearce
    Participant

I went with https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171717565636

In the end so I’ll see how I get on and let you all know if they are any good

zuf
    Participant

Hello Charles. I can get trays 50 × 28 × 3,8 cm. These are A4 size but only in in width. Did you mean A4 size in both ways (21 x 29 cm)?

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  zuf.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  zuf.

charles

Hello Zuf, yes your trays sound a little larger than I prefer.
    Mine actually are 23x37cm, so a bit larger than A4, and comfortable to hold in one hand while pushing out and planting with the other.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  charles.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.